Selective Mutism Resource Manual
Maggie Johnson & Alison Wintgens
Uncover the mysteries of the caring brain & learn how to transform fraught parent-child relationships.Accessible strategies and interventions for treatment and support.
Selectively mute children are at a significant disadvantage personally, socially and educationally. This unique manual emphasises practical assessment and treatment as well as providing advice and information.
- Preliminary investigation
- Child interview and assessment
- Creating the right environment at home and school
- General treatment considerations
- Overview of the treatment progression
- Eliciting speech for the first time
- Generalising speech across people and settings
- Parent and teacher support
Indispensible for teachers, SLTs, child psychiatrists and parents working to support selectively mute children.
312pp A4 paperback