Hands on Dyspraxia
Supporting Children & Young People with Sensory & Motor Learning Challenges
Support for young people with sensory & motor challenges.
A practical guide, for both parents and professionals, to understanding dyspraxia and its challenges, along with advice and coping strategies. Includes:
- Overview of dyspraxia: Sensory-motor; Oral-motor; ADHD; ASD; Dyslexia; Self-esteem.
- Sensory Integration: Multi-sensory learning; Vestibular, Tactile & Proprioceptive Systems.
- Eye & Hand Skills: Visual motor integration; Vision & Eye Movement Control; Handwriting.
- Visual Perception: Visual discrimination; Spatial perception; Visual memory.
- Bilateral Integration: Organisation & sequencing skills; Concentration & attention.
- Primitive Reflexes: Palmar & Moro reflexes; Strategies for stress reduction; Sleep strategies; Activities for motor & reflex integration.
- Daily Living Skills: Toileting; Dressing skills.
- Exercises, Activities & Therapies
This comprehensive resource will provide a greater level of understanding and facilitate access to education and everyday living for young people with dyspraxia.
2009 168pp A4 wire-o-bound paperback