RA 9 +
A Place of Your Own
Help your students understand how to find a place to live. Recommended by the Basic Skills Agency for financial capability lessons, this title provides essential information in a straight-forward manner. Topics covered include where to look for housing, leases, getting into arrears, homelessness and planning a house move.
Engaging & motivational resources which will give young people the skills they need for independent living.
These best-selling resources will give students the tools they need to live independently, using motivational materials that relate to their daily lives and interests.
Devised to engage learners, the no-nonsense, down-to-earth style, coupled with a wide variety of activities within each title guarantees student motivation.
- Motivate students to master must-know skills through real-life situations.
- Wide variety of activities sustains interest.
- Improve literacy & numeracy skills by stealth.
- Fully illustrated & photocopiable.
- Ideal for functional skills, disaffected learners, skills for life students.
- Reading age 9+years
- Key stage 3 & 4/S1-S4
- Entry level 3/SCQF Level 3-4
Embeds a wide variety of functional skills activities including classification, sequencing, comprehension, basic numeracy, crosswords, grammar and punctuation and quizzes.
A fully photocopiable workbook containing a wealth of motivational worksheets, teacher's notes and full answers.
2005 86pp A4 paperback