RA 9 +
Doing it Yourself
Independent living skills made easy. Students will learn how to master everyday household tasks and cope with running their own home. This resource features practical information on such things as cleaning, taking care of appliances, stains and caring for clothes, household repairs, electrical problems and safety.
Engaging & motivational resources which will give young people the skills they need for independent living.
These best-selling resources will give students the tools they need to live independently, using motivational materials that relate to their daily lives and interests.
Devised to engage learners, the no-nonsense, down-to-earth style, coupled with a wide variety of activities within each title guarantees student motivation.
- Motivate students to master must-know skills through real-life situations.
- Wide variety of activities sustains interest.
- Improve literacy & numeracy skills by stealth.
- Fully illustrated & photocopiable.
- Ideal for functional skills, disaffected learners, skills for life students.
- Reading age 9+years
- Key stage 3 & 4/S1-S4
- Entry level 3/SCQF Level 3-4
Embeds a wide variety of functional skills activities including classification, sequencing, comprehension, basic numeracy, crosswords, grammar and punctuation and quizzes.
Motivating illustrated and photocopiable worksheets, comprehensive teacher’s notes and full answers.
2005 88pp A4 paperback