RA 9 +
Common-sense advice for teaching students how to cope with everyday health issues. This resource is excellent for teaching your learners about everyday health issues. Covers topics such as colds and flu, taking medicine, pregnancy, immunisation, stress, sun safety and dealing with emergencies.
Engaging & motivational resources which will give young people the skills they need for independent living.
These best-selling resources will give students the tools they need to live independently, using motivational materials that relate to their daily lives and interests.
Devised to engage learners, the no-nonsense, down-to-earth style, coupled with a wide variety of activities within each title guarantees student motivation.
- Motivate students to master must-know skills through real-life situations.
- Wide variety of activities sustains interest.
- Improve literacy & numeracy skills by stealth.
- Fully illustrated & photocopiable.
- Ideal for functional skills, disaffected learners, skills for life students.
- Reading age 9+years
- Key stage 3 & 4/S1-S4
- Entry level 3/SCQF Level 3-4
Embeds a wide variety of functional skills activities including classification, sequencing, comprehension, basic numeracy, crosswords, grammar and punctuation and quizzes.
Extensive teacher’s notes and full answers back up these engaging worksheets which develop literacy or numeracy skills in the context of everyday health.
2005 82pp A4 paperback