RA 9 +
Making Ends Meet 1
Jayne Garner & Julie Wilson
Full of realistic budgeting and financial advice. This title is recommended by the Basic Skills Agency for financial capability lessons. Here students will learn how to deal with basic financial affairs, including helpful information on shopping, opening and using bank accounts, budgeting, credit cards and household bills.
Engaging & motivational resources which will give young people the skills they need for independent living.
These best-selling resources will give students the tools they need to live independently, using motivational materials that relate to their daily lives and interests.
Devised to engage learners, the no-nonsense, down-to-earth style, coupled with a wide variety of activities within each title guarantees student motivation.
- Motivate students to master must-know skills through real-life situations.
- Wide variety of activities sustains interest.
- Improve literacy & numeracy skills by stealth.
- Fully illustrated & photocopiable.
- Ideal for functional skills, disaffected learners, skills for life students.
- Reading age 9+years
- Key stage 3 & 4/S1-S4
- Entry level 3/SCQF Level 3-4
Embeds a wide variety of functional skills activities including classification, sequencing, comprehension, basic numeracy, crosswords, grammar and punctuation and quizzes.
Using literacy as well as numeracy skills, students will understand how to cope with everyday budgeting issues.
2005 82pp A4 paperback