RA 9 +
Making Ends Meet 2
Jayne Garner & Julie Wilson
Full of realistic, useful budgeting and financial advice. This resource is recommended by the Basic Skills Agency for financial capability lessons. Clearly laid out worksheets will help students learn to deal with their financial affairs.
Engaging & motivational resources which will give young people the skills they need for independent living.
These best-selling resources will give students the tools they need to live independently, using motivational materials that relate to their daily lives and interests.
Devised to engage learners, the no-nonsense, down-to-earth style, coupled with a wide variety of activities within each title guarantees student motivation.
- Motivate students to master must-know skills through real-life situations.
- Wide variety of activities sustains interest.
- Improve literacy & numeracy skills by stealth.
- Fully illustrated & photocopiable.
- Ideal for functional skills, disaffected learners, skills for life students.
- Reading age 9+years
- Key stage 3 & 4/S1-S4
- Entry level 3/SCQF Level 3-4
Embeds a wide variety of functional skills activities including classification, sequencing, comprehension, basic numeracy, crosswords, grammar and punctuation and quizzes.
Topics include savings, loans, insurance, hire purchase, credit ratings, dealing with debt and state benefits. Full teacher’s notes and answers are provided for all worksheets.
2005 80pp A4 paperback