The Communication Toolkit: Assessing & Developing Social Communication Skills in Children & Adolescents
An inspirational resource for both the young person and therapist, this draws on a whole range of tried and tested approaches ... an invaluable toolkit to assess and develop skills in 8 to 16 year olds. User-friendly for therapists and non-therapists alike, this is a welcome resource for working with the individual, but is equally adaptable for groups ... It even succeeded with students other resources have failed to reach! Exceptional value for money.
Speech & Language Therapy in Practice, Summer, 2010
A practical collection of user-friendly resources for use with young people aged 8 to 16 who have social and communication difficulties.
The accessible worksheets cover subjects such as self-concept & self-esteem, body language & facial expressions, awareness of self and others, relationship skills, conversational & listening skills, feeling safe and staying in control.
A varied and appealing resource that SLTs, teachers, SENCOs, psychologists and behaviour support workers will find invaluable for use with an older age group not always addressed in social skills materials.
- Provides a valuable assessment tool and indicator of key areas for improving social and language skills.
- Addresses key areas of SEAL and can be used in primary and secondary mainstream as well as SEN settings.
- Illustrated worksheets with simple language are accessible to those with language and learning difficulties.
- Professionals can focus on areas on concern and explore the young personís view of themselves and others.
- Contains guidance and notes for professionals as well as photocopiable worksheets.
Includes FREE CDRom containing all worksheets and handouts.
2009 192pp A4 paperback